Maintenance - a cost factor or a success factor?
The importance of maintenance is often not properly assessed. In many cases, the main focus is on the maintenance costs, but maintenance is more than that - it is a strategic success factor. About half of the production costs are directly or indirectly influenced by a successful maintenance management. Improvements in reliability, performance and stability of the production process are the results that can be achieved.
A good indicator is the ratio of planned maintenance costs to total maintenance costs. Where are you now and where do you want to develop? Of course, the higher the better - even in two ways:
On the one hand, less unplanned maintenance activities mean less downtime, on the other hand, planned maintenance measures cause less costs than unplanned ones and thus additionally increase efficiency.
Legato Sapient TPM - More Efficient Maintenance and Increase in OEE
- Transparency in maintenance and analysis options of downtimes
- Efficient use of resources in the creation and planning of maintenance orders
- Automatic generation of maintenance orders from time-, value- or malfunction-based maintenance plans
- Predictive maintenance support
- Visualization of under- and over-maintenance by means of analysis of the maintenance activities and their reasons
- Visual displays and mobile devices
- KPI calculation and integration of other systems such as SAP
- CIP support